It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 am 

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team

Post subject: RIP - Capt. Rick Ogle
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm 
Capt. Rick Ogle of "Mr. B II" passed on to the great blue waters on New Years Day after a valiant battle with cancer.

The first I knew of it was when he called me from his hospital room in Caracas to say he needed to get home as quick as possible. He'd been bleeding internally for almost a week before being rushed to the hospital. I got him on the first flight back to Orlando on 10/24 and the boat owner got him over to the VA Hosp in Gainesville the same night.

It was determined to be a cancer tumor on the kidney, which is normally operable, exc Rick wasn't strong enough (blood loss) to survive the surgery. So they put him on chemo pills and sent him home. I last spoke with him two weeks ago and he was upbeat about it.

Then my good buddy Capt. Flash Clark sent me an email on Saturday to tell me that our best buddy died the day before.

Cremation has taken place and if you'd like to sign the guestbook, here's the link. http://www.baldwinbros.net/

Just click on his name.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]