It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 am 

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Dorado
Dorado

Post subject: THE ALBACORE SEASON IS UPON US !
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:38 pm 
The great torpedo beasts of the Pacific are set to invade our half day fleet any day now. The great chickens of the Orient will make rental rods go bendo across the entire moo-moo fleet all the way from Pt. Loma to Pt. Fermin. From February to May we can be guaranteed freezer meat, fillets to trade for favors and tools, and a little something extra to fertilize the rose garden with.

It is best to remember that no albacore trip is meant to be enjoyable. It is important to remember that any albacore trip on a public sport fishing vessel is survival of the fittest, governed by the laws of the jungle and it is ugly, brother against brother, elbows flying everywhere, deadheads, inadequate bait, angry cooks in the galley, ethnic people that want to fish the slide from the sun deck, fuel surcharges, stolen tackle, and skippers that shoot aquatic mammals for fun and profit. If you understand this in advance, there will be no namby pamby little girl hurt feelings when the boat ties up at the end of a trip. These trips weren’t designed for iconoclastic fishermen with silver reels and soft hands to feel good about themselves at the end of the day. Each trip is an inevitable train wreck designed to test the very fiber of your being.

This is why I usually get hammered at the beginning of a trip, am sick with delirium tremens hiding under the covers in my bunk with the fear of eerie death, and just buy a few fillets in the parking lot from some redneck when the trip is over. I find this to always be a win-win situation.

User avatar  Offline
Dorado
Dorado

Post subject: Re: THE ALBACORE SEASON IS UPON US !
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:53 pm 
I went to an Estate sale this weekend and picked up 32 vintage Sabre rod blanks for $19. I'll take custom wrapped orders now for $9,000 a piece. I'll be happy to have a Chumash chief inscribe them with your given Christian name in charcoal, sage and the blood of ghost faced killers.

User avatar  Offline
Dorado
Dorado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:57 pm 
You can view me starting next fall on my new reality TV fishing series called "Trolling for Dollars".

User avatar  Offline
Dorado
Dorado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm 
Will anyone else be suffering alongside me on the annual early March exploratory albacore trip and sanddab hunt on The Indian?

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]