It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:01 pm 






Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Author Message
 Offline
Anchovy
Anchovy
 
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:37 pm
Posts: 6
 Post subject: Here's What PETA Thinks Of Us
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:31 am 
I heard about an anti-fishing leaflet from PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. So I searched for it under its' name, "Your Daddy Kills Animals". I thought it was down-right hilarious. I plan on making it a shirt for when I fish. Maybe next time I'll target PETA members instead of halibut. LOL



http://www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:29 pm
Posts: 912
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:26 pm 
That is one of the funniest things I think I have seen in a very long time. I actually heard about this on the news a couple of weeks ago. I am really amazed that the media gives these morons the air time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:11 pm
Posts: 536
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:03 am 
Now that was a good one!

PETA has had a history of running one over the top campaign after another.
I say let 'em run wild and unchecked so that rational people will come to see how ridicules PETA can be.

Loved the guy cleaning fish in a suit and tie! :roll:

WP
:)

_________________
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 516
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:40 pm 
You've got to be kidding :roll:

_________________
Mario


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Anchovy
Anchovy
 
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:37 pm
Posts: 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:19 pm 
Every fisherman I've shown it to has laughed at it first, pointed out the inaccuracies, then asked what kind of fish was being cut. My favorite part is the gaff. Why use a gaff for such a small fish?


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:04 pm
Posts: 610
Location: Inland
 Post subject: Oh my.....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:00 am 
These guys spend too much time using their brains to think up these campaigns...

I agree with W.P. and say let the morons embaress themselves with all the bravado !!!!! :o

_________________
Sandab

"We have all gone fishing, but sometimes the fishcount is zero"


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: what don't you understand about fish feeling pain
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:19 pm 
Animals feel pain.

If you choose to inflict it well so be it but don't deny it to make yourself feel better about it.


Top
  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1089
Location: sandy eggo
 Post subject: YOU obvious don't understand about fish "feeling pa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:52 pm 
sacdude wrote:
Animals feel pain.
You are attempting to impose HUMAN terms on nervous system responses to animals who do not have the brain capacity to understand the response in that fashion.

SO ....... I'm assuming here that you are probably just another half educated PETA high school drop out.

THAT being the case your point here against fishing in general is moot.

Oh, sorry, find a dictionary to understand my point! :P
sacdude wrote:
If you choose to inflict it well so be it but don't deny it to make yourself feel better about it.
WHAT A LOON!!!!!! :roll:

THANK YOU for your "permission"!

Killed any pound dogs or cats lately "saving" them from "abuse"?
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/Trial_Day8.cfm

_________________
Is your [url=http://wepurchaseannuities.com/]Structured Settlement[/url] payment stream now working against your needs ?
-- AL --


Last edited by TunaQ on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: thanks for your input
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:12 pm 
Actually I have a masters degree and yes animals feel pain.

But thanks for your hot headed response. It actually cracks me up.

Pain is a human term, but a response is felt by all animals incluidng the human animal.

If you had a hook rammed through your mouth would you not say "damm this hurts"

If not your a liar.

As for the dog and cat remark I just adopted a cat which is sitting next to me as I write this so again thanks for your comment. HA HA.

I am not saying don't fish as I have done my fair share including multiple day trips out of So. CAL. I am just saying dont minimize what you are doing.

I also eat beef.


Top
  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1089
Location: sandy eggo
 Post subject: Re: thanks for your input
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:42 am 
sacdude wrote:
Actually I have a masters degree and yes animals feel pain.
Oh GREAT ..... another liberal, over "educated", but still ignorant tyrant who feels just because THEY have an opinion everybody else SHOULD also have the same opinion ........ :P
sacdude wrote:
But thanks for your hot headed response. It actually cracks me up.
Nothing "hot headed" about it, but as your whole premise must be based on humor I see how you could be so happy about it ......
sacdude wrote:
Pain is a human term, but a response is felt by all animals incluidng the human animal.
Prove it, and I mean that seriously. By the way, spell checkers really work, you should look into one.
sacdude wrote:
If you had a hook rammed through your mouth would you not say "damm this hurts"
Yes, but I am NOT a fish. THIS is exactly where your argument breaks down.
sacdude wrote:
If not your a liar.
I'm assuming here you mean "you're", but who knows? Since your initial premise is wrong, how can I be a liar about pointing out how wrong it is?
sacdude wrote:
As for the dog and cat remark I just adopted a cat which is sitting next to me as I write this so again thanks for your comment. HA HA.
Yes, but as you are a PETA plant posting on a FISHING web site, you and your organization are one in the same, as are the principals you put into place and "use so ineffectively". He, he! http://www.petakillsanimals.com/Trial_Day8.cfm
sacdude wrote:
I am not saying don't fish as I have done my fair share including multiple day trips out of So. CAL. I am just saying dont minimize what you are doing.
And with that you either DUPLICATE your admittance of ignorance on the issue or admit that you ENJOY hurting animals, which is it?
sacdude wrote:
I also eat beef.
Heck, that still doesn't solidify your argument about a lower animal being incapable of rational thought considering ANYTHING being "pain".

May I suggest that you ask any high school student about the issue? :roll:

{EDIT}

I don't want you to think that I'm "attacking" you personally. Personally, you can chose to believe anything that you wish to, apply that belief OR NOT any way you chose, fish or not, chow down on steak or not, NO PROBLEMO! :P

Notice the difference between THAT comment and
"If you choose to inflict it well so be it but don't deny it to make yourself feel better about it." .......... ?

Or between that an
"If not your ( or you're if you will) a liar." ........ ?

Believe what you insist on believing, but there is no PROOF that fish, or any other lower animal "feel pain".

You said it yourself. "Pain is a human term"

It describes the COGNITIVE association with a certain nervous stimulation. Fish are incapable of ANY cognitive association of ANYTHING.

Is it cruel to use hooks to "angle" for fish?

It's a totally different issue, although personally what I believe is that the same cognitive disassociation with the stimulus applies.

YOUR mileage on the issue may differ, but you really have no right to demand that anybody else should BELIEVE as you do.

And that applies whether you'd join me in enjoying a burger or not ...... :P

By the way, you'd be one of the few PETA posters to this or any other online forum about fishing who made 2 posts trying to convince others posting here about fish feeling paid who goes beyond the first two posts, but you're always welcome to do so. :roll:

_________________
Is your [url=http://wepurchaseannuities.com/]Structured Settlement[/url] payment stream now working against your needs ?
-- AL --


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:29 pm
Posts: 912
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 Post subject: Re: thanks for your input
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:54 pm 
sacdude wrote:
If you had a hook rammed through your mouth would you not say "damm this hurts"
If not your a liar.


Actually my lip is only one of the places I have had a hook or even a needle through. I am one of those that pain to me is more euphoric than anything. I have actually never said "Damn this hurts", more like "WOW, that feel really frickin good"

I saw the funniest thing a few weeks back, a new Mercedes on teh freeway with a PETA sticker on the back of it. I guess the leather seats in the Benz are not from an animal.

Welcome to WCA Sacdude.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: ignorance is bliss
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:56 pm 
isn't it guys.

I am not saying fishing is wrong, but to say they do not feel stress is ignorant.

And to be told that I am an alcoholic by other members in private messages because of what I say reinforces my statement of ignorance. :roll:

Thanks for the adult discussion.


Top
  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1089
Location: sandy eggo
 Post subject: Re: ignorance is bliss
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:36 pm 
sacdude wrote:
{TITLE}ignorance is bliss
isn't it guys.
We're going to have to take your expert ignorant opinion on that! :P
sacdude wrote:
I am not saying fishing is wrong, but to say they do not feel stress is ignorant.
Quoting you from the above posts :
"Animals feel pain. "
"Actually I have a masters degree and yes animals feel pain. "

I'm personally very GLAD to see that you have now revised your "opinion" to state their reaction to nervous stimulation in the proper clinical term of STRESS, rather then continuing to apply irrational (or ignorant, take your pick) anthropomorphism of the word PAIN, which is a human emotional term for stimulus we might feel in either physical or emotional ways as we are capable of the COGNITIVE, rational recognition of that physical relationship.

While you may well, indeed, "have a masters degree" of some sort, it's pretty clear that you have completely forgotten things that everyone should have learned in high school biology class about animals, ESPECIALLY LOWER ANIMALS like fish, nervous reaction to stimulus, which can NEVER be called "PAIN" in any way as that term requires a higher intelligence, cognizant appreciation and recognition of that kind of nervous stimulation.
sacdude wrote:
And to be told that I am an alcoholic by other members in private messages because of what I say reinforces my statement of ignorance. :roll:
Maybe you missed this in my single reply message to your SEVEN messages, but I said that it was ONLY a guess, based on what little I could determine from your posts and SEVEN abrasive, abusive personal messages to me.

I have no idea what else to guess about somebody who sends SEVEN personal messages in less than an hour and five minutes repeatedly challenging me to "DEBATE" an issue without getting any response back ........ but I'm assuming that either that term of some other similar assumption was perfectly applicable in your case.
sacdude wrote:
Thanks for the adult discussion.
Well ..... THANK YOU for bringing this back to the public forum instead of trying to make anyone's opinion a personal event!

I find it interesting to note the following, which is something we can all get to easily and not a disclosure of personal details :
Image
NO email address .... as every profile shows ......
NO messenger addresses ....
NO ICQ number ....
NO location ....
NO favorite website ....
NO occupation ....
NO interests ....
Joined on the day you first posted to this thread ....
Only THREE posts done, ALL of them IN this thread!! :roll:

BY THE WAY .......
This thread was last looked at on Mon Dec 19, 2005 before you found it in a search about "PETA", read the thread as it stood, decided that your affiliation with PETA demanded that you respond to the thread on Sun Dec 14, 2008, five days short of THREE YEARS after everyone else involved had long since concluded any further discussion of the issue!

To say that I find that interesting is only commenting on something that I find HUMOROUS ...... :lol:

To claim that you are anything but one of the PETA organization clones, responding to something that came up in a search about something PETA has an opinion about is hardly a believable statement as this is something that is quite common on the internet.

SO is wanting to take any real debate about anything on a personal level only instead of making your point in a public forum. One has to wonder why that is ....... this is an internet PUBLIC forum, and we make room for debates HERE, in public, for a reason

BUT ...... that's ONLY my opinion ........ note here that I'm not telling you that you can't have that opinion, not telling you that you must change it, NOT saying that because MOST people have learned that the word (and concept of) PAIN is a HUMAN emotional term that you MUST change YOUR opinion about anything, BUT FISH are absolutely incapable of realizing ANY nervous stimulation as anything of the sort as they don't have the intelligence to do so.

SOOOOOooooooooo ..... please feel free to ignorantly call that nervous stimulation in a fish ANYTHING that you wish to ......

I have just a few questions, though, if I may ask them of you .......

Do you continue to fish "KNOWING" that fish feel "pain" ...... but don't care about it ........ ????

OR do you continue to fish because it causes fish "PAIN" because that's what you WANT to do to them ....... ?????

OR ...... are you actually simply confused about what the proper term, word, concept should be applied to THAT nervous stimulation ??????????

I submit to you, kind sir, that it MUST be one of those actualizations of what happens when you fish ....... So as to be fair and not assume that you actually ENJOY hurting lower animals I submit that the third statement is probably the best in describing your take on the issue. :lol:

_________________
Is your [url=http://wepurchaseannuities.com/]Structured Settlement[/url] payment stream now working against your needs ?
-- AL --


Last edited by TunaQ on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 pm 
that is all i can say

also one more thing

chill out man, its a freaking public forum

also your public profile says nothing either except a bogus web site


Top
  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1089
Location: sandy eggo
 Post subject: I admit that you're astonished .....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:34 pm 
sacdude wrote:
that is all i can say
Are you indicating here that the current info on your profile is ALL that you have to give? Figures ........
sacdude wrote:
also one more thing
Can I have that promise in writing? :roll:
sacdude wrote:
chill out man, its a freaking public forum
And your point is WHAT? That you don't WANT to be shown to be WRONG in public? :P
sacdude wrote:
also
I thought that you said ONE thing ......
sacdude wrote:
your public profile says nothing either except a bogus web site

My email address ...., as all other profiles show, is not listed because NONE are. Something that you obviously knew nothing about, but no worry.
My profile DOES CLEARLY show :
Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Total posts: 1044
Location: sandy eggo
Website: http://jessportfishing.saltysandyeggo.com/LINKS.htm
Occupation: business owner
Interests: too many to list

HOW does this compare to your BLANK profile, made on the day that you joined and posted TO THIS THREAD for the first time????? CLEARLY the ONLY reason that you joined was to put the PETA mentality in a post addresses the LUNACY of PETA.

Nice job defending it!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

The web site http://jessportfishing.saltysandyeggo.com/LINKS.htm is something that I have kept online in one form or another since 2001. ANYBODY may use it if they want, it is provided free of charge!

Show us YOUR web site! Oh, wait, we've SEEN "yours" ........ :?

_________________
Is your [url=http://wepurchaseannuities.com/]Structured Settlement[/url] payment stream now working against your needs ?
-- AL --


Last edited by TunaQ on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: you need to chill out
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:10 pm 
I hope you find peace with yourself man.

You actually make me very nervous with these types of responses and therefore I am keeping records.

I'll drop off this list for you.

Also I am not part of PETA no matter what you want to think.


Top
  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:43 am
Posts: 1089
Location: sandy eggo
 Post subject: Re: you need to chill out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:55 pm 
sacdude wrote:
I hope you find peace with yourself man.
I've never had a problem with that, but that's a very kind, thoughtful message, thank you! May you have the same in your life!
sacdude wrote:
You actually make me very nervous with these types of responses
IT"S LITTLE LIGHTS ON YOUR COMPUTER MONITOR!!!! Nothing to be thoughful, paranoid or concerned about, ever. Get it?
sacdude wrote:
and therefore I am keeping records.
I still have a few of my old records, I plan to digitize them soon into MP3 files so I can sell them to collectors! :P
sacdude wrote:
I'll drop off this list for you.
Drop off that list of what, where?
sacdude wrote:
Also I am not part of PETA no matter what you want to think.
OR no matter how you conform to, attempt to spread or assimilate their program, either ........ right? :roll:

_________________
Is your [url=http://wepurchaseannuities.com/]Structured Settlement[/url] payment stream now working against your needs ?
-- AL --


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Hey TunaQ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 pm 
You know I said my piece but in reality:

I'm a #The F word in one of it's many contexts# asshole !!!

Christ you wont let someone say what they think without blasting them.

And as accusing me for this PETA thing -- Pull your head out of your ass. I am not part of PETA but it seems like you want to categorize people based on therir statements.

So let me go #The F word in one of it's many contexts# myself and my (clear to me) misserable existance.

Maybe I will learn how to spell next week...


Top
  
 
 Offline
Moderator
Moderator
 
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:44 pm
Posts: 362
Location: San Diego
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:12 pm 
Keep it moving folks, there is nothing to see here...

T


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team
 
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 516
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:41 pm 
Good call Robert!

_________________
Mario


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 227 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest





cron

© 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 West Coast Angler

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Style based on Andreas08 by Andreas Viklund

Tweaked by West Coast Angler