It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 am 

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Dorado
Dorado

Post subject: East Goleta Beach - July 28, 2006:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:22 am 
After yesterday's success my nephew Brian and I headed back to East Goleta Beach this evening for some more surf fishing. The conditions weren't quite as good as yesterday but it was still fishable. As the tide came in it got better. About 15 minutes after we got there I got a short halibut which would end up being my only one of the evening. After another 45 minutes or so I get bit again, this time it's not a halibut. I feel some nice head shakes and the thing takes off. After a few nice runs we see a questionable white seabass come up. After a quick measurement it turns out to be a disappointing 27.25 inches! Darn!! Fun fight though. A little while later Brian gets a short halibut. Then, just before we were about to leave I hook something else that initially feels big and then just takes off and doesn't stop. It gets me close to the end of my spool and I am forced to button it down and break it off. I didn't feel any head shakes so my guess is that I snagged a leopard shark.

All fish were caught on 3 inch "Sea Wolf" colored swimbaits.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]