It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 am 

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: New Years special.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:09 pm 
Here is what they have going so far.

Dec. 28, 2009

Good evening folks, We got down to the rocks at ten and started to fish. When we first started it looked really good and then the current died. We didn't get our current back all day till dark. We scratched during the afternoon on that forty to fifty pound fish. Which was average for the day with an occasional twenty five pounder or seventy pounder. We will be here tomorrow wish us luck. The weather is beautiful, grease calm.

Joe and crew RR 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 pm 
Here is the update. Sorry, but I went out of town camping.

Jan 3, 2010

Good Evening Folks

We had a good day of yellowtail fishing and are heading up. We will be finishing up the trip tomorrow. We are going to do a couple drifts for some rockfish then heading home to San Diego. The yellowtail are from 16 to 18 pounds. We've had a great trip and are looking forward to going home to weigh up our catch. Have a great night we will report back later.

Joe ands Crew RR 3

Jan 2, 2010

Good Afternoon Folks

Today we fish the ridge for a couple of hours. We had some yellowtail, handful of tuna and one wahoo. We are heading up to Benitos island tomorrow and will be trying our luck for yellowtail. Most of the fish on the ridge we're small and we threw them back. We are hopping for better quality tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Joe and Crew RR 3

Jan 1, 2010

Good Morning Folks

We have sixty fish for the morning and are still fishing. The fish is fifty to sixty pounds with an occasional one ninety to one hundred. This is beautiful fish for the RSW. We are stocked with are morning and are hoping it will continue. Will report back this evening. Also Happy New Year to all.

Joe and Crew RR 3

Dec. 31, 2009

Good Evening Folks

We had a good one on the bank. We ended up with nine fish. The smallest was one eighty pounder and the biggest was two hundred and seven pounds. We ended up with three or four over two for the day. Tomorrow we will be fishing the flathead bank to try and get some more fish to round the trip out nicely. We will report back later.

Joe and crew RR3

User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:02 pm 
Any word from David and how he did on the trip? I hope he got his cow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 pm 
No Cow for David this year, but he did get his personal best at 140. Nice fish no matter how you slice it!

I think he said that there were 5 cows caught, but that they had an excellent trip.

T

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm 
Unfortunately I did not get a cow but I did get my personal best of 139# but I did get 3 fish over 100#. 102, 115 & 139.

I did have a great trip though and the only two fish I lost were yellows at Cedros on the iron. I am going to have an outrageous filleting bill with 5-Star.

I am working on getting the pics up.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]