Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team

Post subject: Diamond Valley Lake/Reservoir May 19, 2006
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:25 pm 
:shock:
Had to quell a home healthcare crisis first thing this a.m. but, I still managed to get in a five hour fishing session at DVL in hot and clear Hemet, California.

My fishing buddy offered me a ride on his triton bass boat, Soooooo....
how could I say I'm too busy...

I arrived at the late hour of 10:00 a.m. and found out that none of the usual spots were yielding Largemouth Bass that wanted to play..

My buddy, Ed, had to console himself with fishing the east offshore inside the marina for bluegill, redears, and very small baby crappie...

He is going on the 3/4 day trip this saturday so he needed to get offshore in Hemet to burn off some stress.

The fishcount after the five hour session was 70 panfish caught and released. No sightings of largemouth keeper size bass. One dead floating largemouth bass was seen on our way back to the marina for more live bait (nightcrawlers and mealworms).

We saw several bait balls boiling in the area along the "west of the shore fishing buoys" along the 30 to 50 feet depth. Probably large stripers were chasing bait. Some big shadows seen on the Lowrance fish finder.

The local fishermen who wanted some pan fish such as Large 2 pound redeared panfish where not disappointed and went home early with limits.

Some of those fishermen who got skunked on Sunday's National Bass Tournament were out on the water to prove that they could take a zero bass fish day and turn it into a relaxing day of fishing...

And as with all the Wednesday fishing days....the Marina had all, ALL the boats rented today. Yes, all the bass boats and all the pontoon boats were out on the lake today.

You needed a helmet when you fished the areas along the "north shore" and east of the Marina offshore. I think there were at least 200 anglers and at least 200 boat riders on the lake. Yikes !!!!! :lol:

West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:53 am 
Oh....I think I got it.

Your buddy Ed, had a health care crisis consisting of red ears, which made his gills blue, and his crap, was experiencing small, baby size.
And you found him floating in the water as you ran back to the dock for provisions....
And to think this took place in front of a national bass tournament.

When will it air?

Thanks for clearing that up dabber :roll:

User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:27 am 
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar  Offline
West Coast Angler Team
West Coast Angler Team

Post subject: Sounds like...
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:38 pm 
:lol: Edward...you have an evil twin in Hemet....

I'm trying to bring him along with the other guys who retired in the Squirrel Cage area known as Southern Cal....

Back to Diamond Valley Lake's visitors....
The people with the wrinkles, silver hair and great attitude were on two pontoon boats...

The couples were members of the Red Hat Retirement Group...

The gals are great and nice to be around....
Their guys are sporting Red baseball caps and Purple T-shirts...

Everyone is dressed to have a good time with other nice people...

Sometimes they fish and sometimes they just go for a 3 hour tour of the beautiful lake....

Life is good especially if you can still laugh @ life :idea:

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]